Heather Bowring is an accomplished speaker whose stories from her life, career and art have been warmly received by many audiences.
Since 2010 she is a regular guest speaker on board Fred Olsen Cruises and is also available to give talks to community groups, societies, residential homes, schools and businesses.
Feedback is universally positive, “An example to all women who have had to start again”, said one recent audience member, “This should all be in a book”, said another.
Talks are fully illustrated and last about 45 minutes.
There are currently six themed talks which Heather is available to deliver…
- Life really did begin again at 40 – How Heather completed full time study of the Restoration and Decoration of Historic Buildings, followed by a Degree in History and Theory of Art Media and Design. Three month stay in France to restore ancient house.
- Grown up Gap year – How Heather taught herself to paint and developed a new style of tactile relief work paintings. Including exhibitions and media interest.
- Tate Modern and Mary Rose – How Heather completed commissions for Touch Tours of Tate Modern, The Mary Rose Museum, Wordsworth Museum, Crematoria and a £5 commemorative coin.
- International Exhibitions – Heather’s visits to Belgium, and conferences to show work at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, and Victoria and Albert Museum.
- Influences, stories and anecdotes about paintings.
- An insight into Heather’s latest collection of 14 tactile relief work portraits, with audio descriptions. The stories about the sitters and exhibition tour, including Moorfields Eye Hospital.
To discuss booking Heather for a talk to your group or organisation, please use the Contact Form.